The goal of the General Assistance Program is to increase self-sufficiency. Each General Assistance recipient must work with the social services worker to develop and sign and Individual Self-Sufficiency Plan (ISP). The plan must outline the specific steps the individual will take to increase independence by meeting the goal of employment.
Basic Eligibility Requirements (but not limited to):
- Applicant must be 18 years of age unless they have been emancipated.
- Must provide a social security card, tribal ID or statement from enrollment office.
- Applicant must apply concurrently for other state, tribal, county, local, or other federal resources which they may be eligible for, (unemployment, TANF, W-2, etc.) and provide verification of application or approval/denial letter.
- Applicant must provide verification of all household income and resources.
- Applicant must reside within the boundaries of the Bad River Reservation.
- Applicant must be ready and available to seek and accept employment.
A completed application with all required documents must be on file before a decision can be made.
If you have any questions or would like an application please contact us at:
Bad River General Assistance Administrator
PO Box 55
Odanah, WI 54861
Phone: 715-682-7127 ext. 1406