Bad River Health & Wellness Center
53585 Nokomis Rd., Ashland, WI 54806
- Behavioral Health
- Community Health
- Medical Benefits
- Purchased Referred Care (PRC)
- Medical Transportation
Clinic Department Updates
- Hours 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Closed 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
- Phone: 715-685-7887
- Emergency Clinic from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM daily. Please call clinic for appointments. These appointments fill quickly so call early!
COVID-19: We are providing all dental care during this time. We have taken universal precautions for infection control and we have individual rooms with negative air pressure to remove any pathogens. We protect ourselves with face shields and N95 masks for procedures where spray and splatter are expected. If you have any questions about our infection control guidelines, please contact our clinic or refer to the CDC for details.
- Pharmacy Walk in Re-opening
- Please use the drive up window for the pharmacy.
- Use the online or mobile app for refills: www.refillrx.com
- Please allow two business days for refills to be ready.
- Pharmacy phone: Use 866-811-6116 , the previous phone number is no longer in use.
- Karri Bigboy
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Phone: (715) 292-3667
PURCHASED REFERRED CARE (PRC)
- Please call 715-682-7133 ext. 4805 to leave a message and PRC staff will return your call to address any questions you may have about purchase orders or medical bills.
- Guidelines will remain the same.
- If you do not have insurance and you need a purchase order, you still need to contact Medical Benefits FIRST to see if you are eligible for alternative insurance.
Please continue to follow PRC (Purchased Referred Care) requirements. (see attached brochure)
Questions or Suspected COVID Symptoms
- Please call ahead if you have questions or concerns.
- The Clinic WILL be open for other services. If you have a chronic health condition such as diabetes, hypertension, or are feeling ill, please call the clinic
- Call the main line during business hours
- Phone: 715-682-7133
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms after clinic hours, please utilize the resources listed below:
- In order to protect our community and prevent spread, it is important that individuals who believe they may have been infect-ed with Coronavirus (COVID-19) use the following process to direct your care.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
- Essentia Health is providing free screenings to anyone ex-periencing symptoms by calling their toll-free phone number at 1-833-494-0836 or through an e-visit on their heath portal, MyHealth.
- The e-visits provide 24/7 access to connect to an Essentia Health Care Team without requiring you to leave home. E-visits can be found at essentiahealth.org/services/e-visit
- St.Luke’s Chequamegon Clinic is offering two, free E-Care visits per user.
- You can also call their toll-free phone number at 1-218-249-4200 to complete a COVID-19 screening
- E-Care is open 7:00am – 8:00pm and can be found at slhduluth.com/ecare, and the toll-free line is open 24/7
- Memorial Medical Center (715) 685-5500
Public Health & Community Health Representative (CHR) Contact Info:
- Public Health Manager, Michele Doster (715)292-7368
- Public Health Nurse, Lisa Gilles
- CHR, Gena Jensen: (715)685-4417
- CHR, Sue Houle: (715)685-4011
- Please call ahead if you have questions or concerns. If you are experiencing symptoms, you must call your provider. If you have other questions about COVID-19, call the Bad River Public Health Dept (contact information located above)
- The East Entrance of the building is locked (this is the entrance by the drive-thru). This will help minimize the spread and/or exposure to the virus.
- All patients and visitors are asked to use hand sanitizer.
- If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness, put on a mask.
- BRHWC main phone: (715) 682-7133
- The non-emergency medical transportation program will be working remotely.
- If you need non-emergency transportation to medical appointments only and are eligible under the transportation policies then please contact the scheduler first:
- Contact Information:
- Scheduler, Danielle Fizell: (715) 292-5689
- Driver, Wesley Andrews: (715) 292-5604
- Optical is open by appointment ONLY
- During the COVID-19 Crisis, it is just as important to care for your mental health as it is your physical health. If you or someone you know is struggling, REACH OUT.
- Here are just a few of the resources available. We will continue to share free resources with you during this difficult time.
- There will be an Open Recovery Meeting Every day at 4pm during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone - https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/130162509
- You can also dial in using your phone
- Phone: 1 (646) 749-3122
- Access Code: 130-162-509
Bad River AODA
Medication Assisted Treatment (Suboxone or Vivitrol) or formal counseling support, contact Barb Merrill at 715.730.0733.
For formal counseling support, contact Russell Denomie at 715.685.4811
For Peer Support, contact Brian Nordin at 715.681.0999
For Cultural support, contact Penny Charette at 715.685.8712
For counseling support or questions about Bad River AODA services, contact John Spoiwnik at 715.682.7133 Ext. 4308
- Please call the Bad River Health and Wellness Center at 715-682-7133 if you have questions or would like more information
Mental Health Resources
- 7 cups: www.7cups.com; free online text chat for emotional support and counseling
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 800-985-5990
Or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
Or text CONNECT to 741741
- MoodGYM: moodgym.com.au
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
- View the Public Health recovery and mental health resource list here (PDF)
Hours of Operation
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
(hours may vary by department)